Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'll say this again: Already?

Vir (jumping out of his school bus): Mamma, look what Aashna gave me today!
Me: Nice! A friendship band!
Vir: Yes. She's my friend and she's a girl.
Me: Did she give one to everyone in the class?
Vir: No, just to me. She even gave me a marble a few days ago.
Me (to myself, but I think in a teenage girl voice): Oooooh....a marble! She must really like you.
Me (to him, in a mom voice): That's nice, sweetie. Do you ever give her anything?
Vir: No. I don't even take anything to school. But, tomorrow, I have to take your phone number. Can you give it to me? I'll write it on a piece of paper and give it to her. So she can call me. 

Sure, kid. Will do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHHHA!

HAHAHHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAH!

How long have I been away?? When is all this growing up happening? How old is he again??? Imagine how Tara'll be! Man! I shudder to think of all the trials that lie ahead of you, my sweet, teenaged, innocent, innocent Mani!! :*

Anonymous said...

OMG ..this is too cute for words..please preserve this for his future wife...
still laughing..
with warm wishes

Anu

Varsha said...

hah hah hah
How old is your son?!